Packing for a move is not for everyone! It is a process that requires a lot of patience and knowledge on how to optimise space and pack correctly the items in the appropriate packing materials and manner. Here are a few things to consider when packing for a move!
Making a list
Before packing, make sure you know which items you are taking with you. An easy way to save time and energy is to sit down and make a list. This will later on come in use when you are marking the boxes, calculating how much and what type packing material you will need and creating an inventory. Packing for a move is a though job. Continue to read to find more tips about how to pack correctly!
Shop for packing materials
After you know what you will be packing for the move, it is time to find you packing supplies! Some of the materials you might need are listed below:
- Different size boxes (Tip! : The heavier the items are the smaller the box should be!)
- Bubble wrap
- Cardboard sheets
- Marker pen
- Paper (Tip: Use old papers to stuff the boxes tightly or simply use old clothes!)
Packing for a move is a risky business – choosing the wrong packing materials can cause a lot of headaches later one. If you are not sure what the boxes are meant to be used for or you are struggling to find all the necessary packing materials, visit our webpage shop.
Smile, it is time to take a picture
We all have these complicated furnitures that require you to have saved your assembling instructions. If you have not saved them, take a picture of all the items before disassembling them.
Assembling the boxes and placing items in them
So now that you have planned everything out and taken photos of all the items you will need to assemble later on it is time to pack the boxes.
- Clear out space in one of the main rooms at your house so that you can see all the boxes and the item clearly. Organising this now will save you time and make the process go much more smoothly.
- It is time to start packing! It is important that you put enough stuffing in each box so that the items don’t break. And yes, there is such a thing as packing too much in the box. Be careful, the heavier the box gets the higher the chances are that it will break.
- If you want to make your life easy upon arrival at your new home, pack the items that belong in the same room together and label them accordingly.
- If you are disassembling items, make sure you pack all the small items from the furniture in a separate bag that is clearly marked.
- Start packing from the kitchen and throw away anything you don’t need.
The last one
The last box you should pack should be the one in which you have collected all the things you have been using until the very last minute. Label it ‘Open first’.
Although you have been labelling the boxes as you were packing you might not need to do this but make sure each box has been numbered!
Check and say goodbye
Check all the rooms for any items you might have missed while you were packing! And now that this is over it is time to say ‘Goodbye’ and ‘Hello’ to the new chapter in your life!
Avoiding all the hassle around packing is easy. You will not have to lift a finger! Just visit our website, call us on the number you find most useful and let one of our experienced consultants help you!
What we can do for you?
- Our experienced consultants will come and perform a survey
- Based on the survey we will decide what would be the best way to pack all the items
- We will provide first class packing materials
- We will pack all the items safely, create a detailed inventory list and ark all the boxes
Why stop there?
Matrix Relocations also provides full Moving, Relocations and Immigration services! Let us help you and your family get a fresh start hustle free!