Your pets are a serious issue when moving. Usually the move causes your pets stress. You have to minimize this as much as possible. This stress can also affect the animal’s health or happiness. Our relocation specialists in Sofia, Athens, Belgrade, Pristina, Skopje and Zagreb will give you exact details on restrictions and requirements, depending on your destination country when moving with a pet.
Here are some suggestions how to make the move easier for your pets.
Moving pets with a car
- Check your pet’s health at a veterinarian. Collect copies of vaccination records, update identification tags. Discuss any safety precautions for the trip and a tranquilizer for your pet.
- You can make your pet comfortable with traveling by car by taking it for several short trips around your neighborhood.
- Do not feed your pet several hours before the trip. Take enough clean water for the trip. Stop regularly for a walk if the pet demands.
- Do not leave the pet alone in the vehicle.
- If you are moving birds or small such as hamsters, you can use their cages for the move. If you cover the cage during the move, it will calm down the pet. Be sure that the cage is well-ventilated.
Moving pets on a plane
- Check all regulations and services by contacting your airline in advance.
- Direct flights are advisable in order to minimize the stress on the pet.
- Select a proper transport kennel for your pet. It should have enough place for the pet to stand up and move.
- Buy the kennel in advance, so your pet can get familiar with it.
- Label the kennel with your pet’s name, your name, your address and your telephone. Write down “Live Animal” and special instructions if any.
- Once you get on the plane, ask the flight attendant to confirm that your pet has been boarded as well.
Following this advice will ensure smooth and stress-free move for your pets. Be sure that there are no compromises with the health and safety if your pet when you are on the move, because these are the most important aspects during relocation.