Usually the home office contains important paperwork and legal papers. Pack them and plan to take them with you in the car or on the plane. List valuables and expensive computer equipment that exceed $100 per pound as “High Value Items”and fill in the form to receive proper valuation coverage.
Back up all files on external storage drives or CDs/DVDs and take with you.
If you have a large copier, it must be serviced and packed by a professional before transport.
- Consult the user’s manual for packing options.
- Remove the paper tray and cartridge.
- Secure the document cover, exit tray and alternate paper tray before packing.
- Place shipping pins if any.
Remove ink toner or laser cartridges and dispose of them safely. Consult the owner’s manual or a professional about securing the print head.
- Sort books by size and pack similar books together in small cartons.
- Pack them flat or with the spine touching the bottom.
- If you have expensively bound volumes or really old books, wrap them individually before packing.
Dismantle modular office furniture. Use plastic bags to keep all small hardware together. Use tape to mark where pieces go together.
You can always contact Matrix Relocations offices in Sofia, Athens, Belgrade, Pristina, Skopje or Zagreb for more tips and suggestions.